Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Take 2

Hello again everybody, I wanted to share a recently written scene from my planned novel The Sound of a Falling Angel.

 
     My hand dropped, signaling for another volley of arrows to be launched into the remaining hellhounds. As the last of them were slain, Michael looked at me with his sightless eyes.
     “It’s not over,” he said with a shiver, “I can feel it in my bones.”
     I glanced at my brother, motioning for him to come over. The legion of archers lined the ramparts. Aron waded through them, his bone bow grasped in his strong hands. He wiped a mixture of sweat and blood from his brow as he joined me and Michael.
     “What’s up Angel?” He asked, his baby blue eyes searching the battleground.
     “There’s more,” I whispered, trying not to alert the exhausted soldiers. A scream pierced the air, as time seemed to slow down. The entire fabric of reality rippled over the battlefield; striking fear into the hearts of the archers. Everything darkened and grew cold, as the rippling grew more frequent.
     “Ready yourselves!” I yelled. The archers drew their bows as far back as they could. Michael gripped his staff, and I drew my sword. Black lightning shot from the ripples, killing over half of our soldiers. Reality ripped, as a cloaked figure dropped to the ground.
“Fire!” Aron yelled, as he let off an arrow. The soldiers all fired their arrows, turning the figure into a pincushion. The figure stood and raised his hand in the air and clenched his fist. As the rampart crumbled around me, I grabbed Michael trying to save him partly. After we hit the ground and I got my bearings, I stood up to check the damages. I saw Aron dusting himself off, and I looked at the cloaked figure once again. The man pulled back his hood, revealing his yellow eyes.

So there it is. Have fun and keep reading, because I am just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment